Ihe sweet spot of life, the flow, the inhale and exhale of a Higher Power...I'm in it, tapped in, and so thankful. During that 2+ years when we were trying to conceive, I remember reflecting and praying often, thinking that if we weren't going to be parents, I would vow to be more creative, more engaged, and not hinge my life's moves on procreation. My gift is that not only did we have our amazing Ainsley, but I was made stronger by the pregnancy, delivery, excitement and anxiety of parenthood and was able to translate that into a prosperous work life and happy home life. Ainsley has been revealing more about her personality lately, looking me dead in the eyes, communicating with a limited vocabulary, trying out new comedic tricks, being awe struck by others. Her newness and zeal inspire me by the minute, by the hour...
So this is a sentimental post....wishing the very best for all of our friends and family, and giving a "shout out" to our friends who have been waiting, waiting, and waiting to hear news from their adoption agencies and attorneys about when they might be parents...The Avers' wish you the sweet spot of life -- whether that includes little ones or not. I think we do need reminders, catalysts to move forward -- whether they come in small packages like infants or through other wonders or even crises.
Apologies for babble-blogging...just feeling good, drinking a Brazilian latte, and wanting to wrap my virtual arms around our friends and family -- hope you all feel me. And a belated Happy Rosh Hashanah and impending Yom Kippur to our Jewish friends~
Scott is traveling, and I'm nearly useless when it comes to uploading pics -- particularly when I've misplaced our camera-to-computer card...so this older pic of AFA w/pants on head in daddy's arms will have to do for now...we'll get our technology together soon. xoxoxoxox

4 comments:
Nice, uplifting post...and such a good attitude about the possibility of life without children. Sometimes folks get so wrapped up in the Baby Dance that they lose sight of the things they already have to be thankful for. Of course, your procreating story has a happy ending, but it's great to see that you would have made it happy no matter which direction it would have taken you. Scotty's a lucky guy!
Wonderful words; you're spreading joy.
Such a sweet, well-written post. Loved it and love the picture! And I'll miss Scotty on my team but so happy for him :-)
Hugs...
Jen
Post a Comment