Monday, September 14, 2009

A new kind of longneck

We are now members of Brookfield Zoo and spent a fun afternoon there on Saturday. The weather was a perfect 80 degrees and since school is back in session the crowds were relatively sparse, which was nice. We saw lots of fun animals and Ainsley is getting good at making animal sounds, although right now the elephant, tiger, lion and snow leopard all make the same sound (kind of a ccrrrruhhh type of thing). Very fun. Here is a quick video of us by the giraffes. Notice that awesome zoom on the camcorder! (Sc0tt)

Okay -- so I'm tagging on to Scott's post. We really did enjoy the zoo, but I had to blog that when we visited the Swamp exhibit (birds, river otters, gators, snakes), we had Ainsley in the umbrella stroller -- which is totally ALLOWED...and I heard this younger couple say (stage whisper), "I didn't think strollers were allowed in here (sigh)." Now, I agree that strollers are a big pain in the tush for just about EVERYONE...but we were truly keeping to our space and being polite...and, BTW, this exhibit permitted strollers. Needless to say...I decided to keep it light and laugh it off...but I had a moment of wanting to get into it...comparing our small stroller and crowd-friendly behavior to the throng of people (adults and older kids) stopped in the middle of a walkway or blocking the exhibit for more than 5 minutes (see, the people who used to stop in the halls at your high school (oblivious) grow up and are still oblivious and have kids who are oblivious)....Anyway, I had to share that we and our stroller were whispered about.... (Jen)

3 comments:

Earth Muffin said...

Those people were just snarking at you because your baby is cuter than theirs!

BTW- No video!

karen said...

Where's the video?

scoots56 said...

Can't get the video to work. Put that on the list of things that don't work since the wonderful Snow Leopard upgrade.