Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Tip Toe Through the Tulips


Spring has sprung! Life is good for the Avers' family. Ainsley is on the precipice in terms of taking her first step. She stood, solo, with legs spread in grand plie (accent on e) and shaking, a couple of times at the Connors' house a couple of weekends ago, is cruising like a champ, and has no fear. Her favorite thing these days is holding onto our hands, running through the house, with the other parent "chasing" her from behind. We get big laughs.

The other day, Scott had her zooming on her walker (which transforms to a rider), she was giggling, they were moving fast. They stopped, she took a big, happy sigh, and then blurp went some spit up...the equivalent of a baby roller coaster experience, I guess.

She's a big fan of plant life and likes to fool her parents that she is just touching, then looks to the side as if disinterested, and then quickly and slyly pops a fist-full of grass or other greenery in her mouth. In fact, we missed a strand of grass the other day...so she ate her first blade of grass...how Walt Whitman of her?? Farah, help with my literary references? I'm such a delinquent English major.

Ainsley is double digits today -- 10 months! I can't believe it...this gets even sweeter, right, parents? I'm emotional at 10 months, can't imagine what the 1 year mark will bring or her first day of kindergarten...

In other Avers' news, my last day with TCC Group is May 21st. It's been 8 years, and it was a tough decision to make, but we want more time together as a family and are trying to "downsize" the stress level in our home. I think so highly of the firm and grew up professionally there. I know I will miss it, but I'm excited about this next chapter....

4 comments:

farah said...

Beautiful photo.

I'm so excited that Ainsley is cruising and standing. I want to see her!!! I feel like I'm not going to recognize the kid next time I lay eyes on her. Sigh.

And congrats about the last day. Ironically, that the last day of finals here at Augie. PAR-ty.

Earth Muffin said...

She's SO cute! The fun really begins now that she's cruising...

karen said...

What a precious picture. And, I'm jealous of your tulips. The squirrels have eaten every single tulip head off of mine!!!

Nana & Papa Avers said...

very cute, now she is a vegehead like her dad, lv mom & dad