Friday, January 30, 2009
Teeth, already?
I'm slow, I'll admit it (and family will concur). After Ainsley struggled to sleep last night without being nestled to mom (and my overworked bosom), woke many times, fussed more than usual, and toot-ed like a steam engine....it finally dawned on me -- SHE IS TEETHING. We had noticed a sharp nub on the bottom of her gum a few days back and also noted some change in mood, but did Scott and I put it together?? Not really. Needless to say, sweet lil' Ainsley Frances had a rough night and this morning, upon a more thorough mouth check, we noticed two, that's right two ridges starting to come through her bottom gum. Our sweetie is growing up! Advice from other mommies about how to soothe an achy gum is welcome. We're using the homeopathic teething tabs, have some teethers for her to chew on, but other ideas are welcome~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
The Hyland's teething tablets worked great for both of my boys. Miles actually got his first tooth at 5 months, so I feel for you on how miserable a little one can be! I'm not a big fan of doping up my kids, but at night you might want to try a dose of Tylenol before bed. She's in pain right now and it might keep her asleep longer. I don't know if you have one of those mesh food things (I'll email Scott a picture of what I'm talking about, I can't remember the market name for them), but an ice cube in one of those was one of Miles' favorite ways to soothe sore gums. Good luck! Remember, you have a whole mouthful of these to go! Patience is key...
Those mesh thingies are good. We put a frozen cube of pureed baby food in it and let Ellie chew her way through it.
We thought Ellie was teething for like three months, so don't feel like an idiot. There's no good way to know when it starts or will end.
All I have to say is prepare for drool and snot. Lots of it.
And then there's the moment when she'll bite the "hand" that feeds her. Watch, out, mama!
Yep, lots of drool and lots of snot and possibly a LOT of redness on the bottom. Miles would get a horrendous diaper rash with every new tooth he got. Nothing I put on it would help, so keep her naked as much as you can because air is the best thing for it. And yeah, the biting? Not fun for Mommy!
Post a Comment