Monday, December 7, 2009

Let It Snow!



Today we awoke to a decent dusting of the white stuff, and Ainsley was enthralled. Running from door to door, window to window, pointing and crying "nyoow" --her word for snow, I decided I'd use the snow as a nice backdrop for our Christmas cards, so I dressed Ainsley and took her outside. Now, I would normally have her in warm mittens, hat and baby parka, but we wanted a good shot for the card, so Scott convinced me that she'd live in the cold for 5 minutes. She went nuts, tasting the snow, playing with snow covered branches, was out of her mind -- it was precious. Naturally, after a few good shots (forthcoming in Christmas cards), I raced her in to warm her up and dry off those busy hands. She was FURIOUS. I have never seen her so frustrated. Scott came running down from his home office because he thought she had hurt herself. She's never been this demonstrably angry with us. She had to get back outside..... I took a few shots of her rampage (include one here), then dressed her more appropriately and we went out again. What fun to experience the holidays with her!

2 comments:

the logan crew said...

ADORABLE pic of her outside...love her snowsuit :-) Looks like you'll be spending a lot of time outside this winter! She looks so grown up...

Jen

karen said...

That's my doll!