So some of you may know that Jen had her first official overnight away from us on Monday. She went to a firm meeting in Philly. It was my first night taking care of Ainsley all by myself. Well, I wasn't completely alone as Jen's dad generously stopped by. He helped me at least go to the bathroom and get some bottles together. Thanks Bill! I knew I would have my hands full and I was right. After an evening of playing, talking, bottles and even some rice cereal, the witching hour came about 9pm when sweet Ainsley realized mommy wasn't around. She cried for about 45 minutes or so until I finally gave her a bottle and she passed out. After bottles at 1:30 and 5am, we began our day at 8:15 reasonable well in tact!
If that wasn't enough, Jen's flight got cancelled Tuesday night and rebooked for the following morning! So we had a second night and this one was all alone. It was definitely better than the first-less crying and more sleeping. In fact, Ainsley slept from 10pm until 5am! Woo hoo! Can we get that every night, baby doll?
Mommy arrived home safe and sound at 8:15 again and we were all reunited. We're thrilled to have mommy home and I think I earned my trip to the golf dome! All is right in our world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow. I'm glad you made it. I'm sure Ainsley LOVED having all that daughter-daddy time.
Thanks for the beautiful holiday card. The photos of Ainsley are beautiful; she looks great on our refrigerator.
Love you guys. Talk to you soon.
Your gold medal is in the mail.
Just kidding, of course. However, kudos to you for not acting like the world had come to an end because your wife has a life outside of caring for your child. Colby is the same way, so I'm not dissing him here. It just drives me nuts when I hear dads say, "I have to baby-sit tonight." Dads are not teen-age girls. They don't get paid $5.00 an hour to baby-sit their own freakin' child!
Ok, Valerie is now stepping down off her soapbox. Ainsley is one lucky little lady to have such an involved daddy! Hugs to all 3 of you from Alton.
Post a Comment