So we think our sweetie might have colic. This after crying pretty much full out from 8:30 until midnight last night. The only breaks she took were to nurse and catch her breath. She finally gave up when I figured out the winning formula-a super snug "hospital" swaddle and and some over the shoulder time.
Listening to her cry was tough after a while, but we knew there wasn't much we could do. Her temp is normal (we bought a rectal thermometer, which thankfully she didn't mind). We burped her until there was no way she had gas. All the other stuff (diaper, outfit, comfortable temperature) was fine, so hey what can you do? Even after she went down I found it hard to sleep. I could still hear her cry in my head and my fingertips were throbbing as I felt so bad for all that sobbing and screaming she did. She seems okay now but it should be a fun weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment