Tuesday, July 15, 2008

We're home!!!!!

We finally got clearance to come home today. There were many exciting moments as we got closer to the big moment. My favorite was was when they finally took her baby monitoring system off her leg. For an uncerimonius moment it was very exciting. We could actually take her off the sixth floor!
My favorite moment by far was getting her in the car seat. I sort of struggled getting the straps the right lenght but eventually I got it. The thing I will never forget is bracing to pick up something very heavy. And when I picked up Ainsley to put her in the car for the first time, I'll never forget how light it really was. It was like lifting air. Having our baby with us is going to be a lot like lifting the car seat for the first time-seems like a big challenge but it will come so naturally that it will be no effort at all. I can't wait.

Welcome home, dear Ainsley Frances Avers.

No comments: